Wednesday 23 January 2008

Do I/Dont I Buy Harry???

My hunt for a Bug began in earnest in early January 2007.

Then on the 19th January (just after my Birthday) I went to view some bugs in Swansea, some at FBI VW and a black one which was eventually to become mine.

So on a cold drizly January day, myself, my girlfriend Gem and my friend Lucy (who has a Vdub or 9 ;-) ) went to look at these Welsh Bugs. The ones in FBI VW were nice, but just not quite right for me, so we went to View Harry, he was a bit faded and had no interior except the seats and a horrible bathroom type carpet, he didn't even have any door seals, he was however the right price and looked nice and solid, I needed to think about things and had another bug to view on the Saturday so we told Spencer we'd let him know. As we left Spencer drove off in Harry, with us behind him, and he looked so right, in the back of my mind I knew he was the 'one'.

So we drove 200 miles to the other side of London on the Saturday to view what looked a nice bug in the pictures, however it was a big disappointment when we saw it, dodgy heater channels, a sunroof sealed shut, and evidence of lots of filler under the paint. All for the same price as Harry. That made my mind up and as soon as we got to a services I rang Spencer and told him I wanted Harry and would be up to get him the next day!

No comments: