Tuesday 22 January 2008

A little about Harrys Dad

I have been into Beetles and for as long as I can remember, I've ALWAYS wanted my own Herbie!
My VW obsession truly began in 2004 when I bought myself a 2001 2.0 New Beetle (I needed a reliable modern car as I was doing a 150mile round trip to/from work), which was then named 'Gertie' I spent a lot of money on her changing bits etc etc and became a member of the New Beetle Club Evvo (http://www.evvo.co.uk/).






Then after owning Gertie for Two years attending several shows etc I decided I wanted a change and bought this:

VERY VERY fun to drive, but apalling build quality and leaked like a sieve, after ownig it for 5 months, over half of which it was in Mercedes with them trying to fix the leaks, I decided enough was enough and rejected it getting most of my money back.






I then decided I had to get another VW!

So in September 2006 I decided on another New Beetle as I still required a modern Daily driver and couldn't afford to run two cars. But this time I wanted something special so after several weeks of searching I managed to find an 11,000 mile V5 Sport Edition New Beetle in Silver, or 'Archie' as he became known.




After owning Archie for only two months I got promoted at work and they gave me a company car, A Mini Cooper! So now I could FINALLY afford a classic bug! After selling Archie in late December 2006 my hunt for a classic bug began in earnest!

No comments: