Saturday 26 January 2008

The Work Begins!

So now Harry was finally mine and safely at home.

So the first thing was to get him serviced and any mechanical bits sorted. So off to GSF I went to buy a new exhaust, and the bits required to service him. Unfortunately I was still very new to Aircooleds at this point so I didn't fancy trying to do any of it myself so I took him to my local garage where they sorted his brakes and gave him a full service.

Next was to order all the bits that would make him shinier!

So Stainless Steel Towel Rail bumpers, new hubcaps, red TMI doorcards to match the TMI seat covers already fitted, TMI door Pulls, TMI rear parcel shelf from VW Heritage, new carpets from Spirit of the 50's, Underlay from C&C and some POR15 were all ordered, Also bought were some new door seals to make him watertight.

Whilst we were waiting for these to arrive we set to work giving him a good wash and polish and ripping out the crap Bathroom type carpet and POR15 the interior floors to give them extra protection.

No comments: